Individualized support for the bleeding disorders community.
Given the challenging nature of living with a bleeding disorder, the focus at BioMatrix is to make life easier for both the patient and their family.
With the dedicated attention given to our patients, our program increases treatment adherence, reduces bleeding episodes and emergency room visits, while promoting active and healthy lifestyles.
In addition to top-notch pharmacy and reimbursement services, BioMatrix offers a team of uniquely experienced and compassionate care coordinators dedicated to providing personalized services.
Our coordinators work very closely with patients and their family to provide education and round-the-clock individualized support.
BioMatrix provides bleeding disorders patients with:
- Coordination of home nursing services for port, central line, and peripheral infusions
- Patient specific educational support promoting positive self-management
- Access to manufacturer and community-based patient financial assistance programs for co-pays and deductibles (when applicable)
- Connection to local and national support services
- Identification of resources and local networks of peer-based support
- Quarterly newsletter enriching and empowering community members
- School and employment in-service presentations
- Financial and in-kind support for community-based bleeding disorder programs
Bleeding disorders are the result of being unable to form a proper blood clot due to a missing or deficient protein.
The main types of bleeding disorders include:
- Hemophilia A: Factor 8 Deficiency
- Hemophilia B: Factor 9 Deficiency
- Von Willebrand Disease
- Other Factor Deficiencies
Patients, especially those with moderate or severe hemophilia or vWD, receive treatment on a prophylactic basis to circumvent bleeding episodes.
Our Commitment to Every Patient…
To provide an individualized clinical approach to specialty pharmacy and infusion services that improve health outcomes and empower patients to live each day to its fullest potential.
Individualized Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Experienced, compassionate, and understanding professionals focused on improving health
- Comprehensive line of specialty medications and access to Limited Distribution Drugs
- Personalized care plans focused on improving health and minimizing side effects
- Coordination of nursing services bringing safe, convenient care to the comfort of home
- Advanced clinical software indicating therapeutic impact and efficacy of prescribed treatments
Timely Access to Care
- Attentive, caring pharmacy and nursing professionals available day or night
- Comprehensive insurance benefit investigation identifying therapy coverage options
- Expertise in obtaining prompt authorization for therapies related to complex medical conditions
- 24-hour standard delivery; emergency shipments available
Focused Education and Support
- Education programs promoting therapy adherence and positive self-management
- Detailed clinical monitoring and tracking measuring adherence to prescribed therapies
- Facilitate access to assistance programs for financial support of co-pays and deductibles
- Community outreach and support