Uncomplicated access to the medications, education, and support needed to live healthy.
BioMatrix is well versed in gastrointestinal disorders. Through the use of our digital health and monitoring applications, we are able to closely monitor the patient’s response to therapy and educate patients on the importance of medication adherence.
Approximately 1.4 million Americans, men and women, are diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease, which includes Ulcerative Colitis (UC) and Crohn’s Disease.
Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease are two of the most common forms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Ulcerative Colitis appears as inflammation in the colon and rectum. Crohn’s Disease, more severe than UC, affects different areas of the GI tract, from mouth to anus.
The typical age of onset for both is between 15 and 30 years old. Characterized by intermittent flare ups and periods of remission, symptoms - ranging from mild to severe - include nausea, stomach pain and cramping, vomiting, persistent diarrhea, bowel movement urgency, bleeding from ulcers formed in the colon, and weakness.
Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis can often require surgery to remove or repair damaged sections of the bowels or to remove obstructions.
Early treatment with immune suppressants can help patients stay in remission. Therapeutic options depend upon the disease location, severity, and complications.
Our Commitment to Every Patient…
To provide an individualized clinical approach to specialty pharmacy and infusion services that improve health outcomes and empower patients to live each day to its fullest potential.
Individualized Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Experienced, compassionate, and understanding professionals focused on improving health
- Comprehensive line of specialty medications and access to Limited Distribution Drugs
- Personalized care plans focused on improving health and minimizing side effects
- Coordination of nursing services bringing safe, convenient care to the comfort of home
- Advanced clinical software indicating therapeutic impact and efficacy of prescribed treatments
Timely Access to Care
- Attentive, caring pharmacy and nursing professionals available day or night
- Comprehensive insurance benefit investigation identifying therapy coverage options
- Expertise in obtaining prompt authorization for therapies related to complex medical conditions
- 24-hour standard delivery; emergency shipments available
Focused Education and Support
- Education programs promoting therapy adherence and positive self-management
- Detailed clinical monitoring and tracking measuring adherence to prescribed therapies
- Facilitate access to assistance programs for financial support of co-pays and deductibles
- Community outreach and support