HIV / AIDS
Individualized pharmacy and support services increasing adherence and improving health.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) affects CD4 cells in the immune system and comprises the ability to protect against diseases. Medication adherence, especially in the treatment of HIV/AIDS, is of great importance as non-adherence can result in drug resistance and failure of therapy.
Our compassionate pharmacists and staff are dedicated to improving adherence through individualized care and support to every patient served.
Over 1.1 million people in the US are HIV positive; another 15% have yet to be diagnosed.
HIV can lead to Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). As HIV weakens the immune system, incidences of illnesses and infectious diseases, such as pneumonias and cancers, can affect the patient. Once a number of the patient’s immune cells are destroyed, he or she is diagnosed as having AIDS.
Great strides have been made in the treatment of HIV/AIDS and though not currently curable, it can be controlled through proper treatment and medication.
Our Commitment to Every Patient…
To provide an individualized clinical approach to specialty pharmacy and infusion services that improve health outcomes and empower patients to live each day to its fullest potential.
Individualized Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Experienced, compassionate, and understanding professionals focused on improving health
- Comprehensive line of specialty medications and access to Limited Distribution Drugs
- Personalized care plans focused on improving health and minimizing side effects
- Coordination of nursing services bringing safe, convenient care to the comfort of home
- Advanced clinical software indicating therapeutic impact and efficacy of prescribed treatments
Timely Access to Care
- Attentive, caring pharmacy and nursing professionals available day or night
- Comprehensive insurance benefit investigation identifying therapy coverage options
- Expertise in obtaining prompt authorization for therapies related to complex medical conditions
- 24-hour standard delivery; emergency shipments available
Focused Education and Support
- Education programs promoting therapy adherence and positive self-management
- Detailed clinical monitoring and tracking measuring adherence to prescribed therapies
- Facilitate access to assistance programs for financial support of co-pays and deductibles
- Community outreach and support