Effective, individualized treatment plans for individuals with immune deficiencies.
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (PIDD) encapsulates a group of rare, hereditary conditions characterized by the absence or malfunction of cells or proteins required by the immune system to function properly.
BioMatrix has extensive experience managing PIDD. Our highly qualified clinical staff has serviced thousands of patients nationwide and assisted with the clinical trial that brought the first subcutaneous Ig to the US market.
Our highly effective therapeutic approach works closely with the patient and physician in designing a treatment plan to:
- Prevent infections
- Boost the immune system
- Avoid complications of therapy
- Prevent long-term organ damage
- Decrease hospitalizations
- Encourage patients to participate in disease management
- Prolong life
- Improve general health and quality of life
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (PIDDs) cause repeated infections attacking areas such as the respiratory system, gastrointestinal and urinary track, ears, skin, brain, and spinal cord.
The infections can be serious – even life threatening – and can lead to chronic conditions affecting additional parts of the body, such as the heart, other organs, glands, tissues, resulting in stunted growth, and cancer. The most severe forms typically affect infants.
The more common types of PIDDs include:
- Common Variable Immune Deficiency
- Selective IgA Deficiency
- Bruton’s or X-Linked Agammaglobulinemia
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
- DiGeorge Syndrome
- Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
- Ataxia Telangiectasia or Louis-Bar’s Syndrome
- X-linked Hyper IgM
- Chronic Granulomatous Disease
- Complement Deficiencies
Our Commitment to Every Patient…
To provide an individualized clinical approach to specialty pharmacy and infusion services that improve health outcomes and empower patients to live each day to its fullest potential.
Individualized Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Experienced, compassionate, and understanding professionals focused on improving health
- Comprehensive line of specialty medications and access to Limited Distribution Drugs
- Personalized care plans focused on improving health and minimizing side effects
- Coordination of nursing services bringing safe, convenient care to the comfort of home
- Advanced clinical software indicating therapeutic impact and efficacy of prescribed treatments
Timely Access to Care
- Attentive, caring pharmacy and nursing professionals available day or night
- Comprehensive insurance benefit investigation identifying therapy coverage options
- Expertise in obtaining prompt authorization for therapies related to complex medical conditions
- 24-hour standard delivery; emergency shipments available
Focused Education and Support
- Education programs promoting therapy adherence and positive self-management
- Detailed clinical monitoring and tracking measuring adherence to prescribed therapies
- Facilitate access to assistance programs for financial support of co-pays and deductibles
- Community outreach and support